Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Aileron Work

After completing many small little jobs around the house, including the garden (yay!), and spending a great deal of time trying to diagnose the problem with the car.....well, long story short, I went to buy the parts on Friday and they are not in stock (every project I do I have to order something; why is that?). Parts on order allowed me to get a little work done on the ailerons.

It's been easy work these last few days, nothing frustrating. I didn't build a stand for the ailerons as I never saw a need. It was simple enough to work on my flat table top. I did screw up on cutting the extruded trailing edge to the correct lengh. It still boggles my mind how I could have messed that up since I marked the parts when they were clecoed together. But, it's still long enough to be used on the flaps so I just swapped the parts out and continued on.

Saturday May 11 - 3.75hrs - deburring, dimpling, countersinking
Sunday May 12 - 3.0hrs - riveting
Tuesday May 14 - 1.5hrs - riveting

Total Aileron Hours = 20.5




Nice and straight.
 
 
I also had a chance to fly my friend's new-to-them 1963 C182 that is in mint condition! A beautiful vintage airplane.
 
 
Finished the garden. 8'x4' bed built from cedar. Includes, but not limited to: tomatoes, squash, zucchini, onions, strawberries, peas, beans, jalapeno, peppers. My next "other" project is going to be building a small, automated irrigation system.

No comments:

Post a Comment