Monday, December 17, 2012

Wing Ribs

I worked more on the ribs over the past few days. I have the spars laid out on a smaller separate work bench making the shop seem a lot smaller than before. I went ahead and clecoed all the ribs in place first and labeled their positions to ensure I wouldn't use an incorrect part to make some of the smaller sub-assemblies. Nothing difficult in this section, although it is a bit of a tease. You read the steps and think "how simple, I should get through this in no time" only to realize its a few hundred holes and several hours of work on minute details that leave you only wanting to accomplish more.

I alodined the hinge brackets since the parts are pretty thick and will be hanging below the wing. I also rounded out the edges of these parts to make them look a little nicer when hanging out in the breeze.

There are only a few days left until the baby arrives, planning for this Friday the 21st! Her room is ready and we are as ready as we will ever be.

Date
12 1.75 clecoed ribs in place, labeled ribs
15 2.5 drilled holes
16 4.0 deburred, riveted hinge brackets







No comments:

Post a Comment