Thursday, April 17, 2014

Installing the Windows

Continuing to catch up on my posts. 

I installed all of my windows. I got some Lord Adhesive from Geoff at Aerosport. The adhesive and it's gun are really easy to use; no mixing, measurements, or messes. 


Time and Date
Sunday 13th -5.25hrs- Glued door and back windows in place. 

First thing I did was position the window in the recess and place tape following the edge of the frame. Then remove the window and sand the perimeter. The tape helps protect the area you shouldn't be sanding. Note the inner plastic has been removed.  

I made little tabs and drilled holes all the way around the perimeter of the window. These allow an even pressure around the entire window.



At this point I haven't glued in the windscreen yet but I thought I'd take a picture of it cut to shape. Note the black paint on the the glareshield as well.

 Here is a close up of one of the tabs. These worked really well. Very easy to do.

All in all gluing in the windows was no big deal. Any cleanup I just used the thinner from the interior paint I purchased a while back. It didn't hurt the plexiglass and cleaned up the adhesive really well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment