Thursday, April 17, 2014

I Have a Propellor!

I ordered the prop and engine during Sun-n-Fun, April 1, (no I didn't attend, I just waited to see if there would be any kind of discount and there was....a whopping $400 and free shipping!). 

I ordered the Hartzell Constant Speed Aluminum Blended Airfoil Propellor. 

Here is how the part is listed on Van's website:
Compact hub Constant-speed prop for (I)O-540 (260hp) 80"
Part Number = PROP C2YR-1BFP/F8068D

The box showed up on my doorstep one day, unfortunately I don't have anything to mount it on....that's still on its way. The box weighed 84lbs and was a bit awkward to carry to the shop, but not bad. Hartzell sends a really nice owners manual with the prop showing install instructions, maintenance, etc. 

After we got it in the shop my quality control inspector approved the delivery. 



No comments:

Post a Comment