I continued with what I could and that was thickening up the lip around the door frame edge. I used the Mcmaster Carr seal as a mold. I filled the seal up with epoxy/flox, tapped the seal into place with a rubber mallet, and then closed and latched the doors to let it dry. The next day things looked pretty good but the edges needed to be filled in a few areas and the entire process repeated in others where the epoxy door edge didn't make good contact. I also installed the planearound delrin pin guide blocks (sorry I don't have pics of that).
Here is detailed brake down of the tasks I completed
Sat 15th -4.5 hrs-
|put seal back on RH Door frame|
|cleco RH door to fuselage|
|redrill holes for hinges as required|
|recountersink holes for hinges as required|
|screw door onto hinges|
|close door and test fit|
|work on gas strut bracket on both doors|
|install delrin guide blocks|
|find and mark thin areas of gutter for build up|
|mix epoxy and sqeeze into seal|
|close and latch doors while epoxy dries
Sun 16th -2.0hrs-
sand the door frame
re-epoxy areas that didn't work first time
later that day take the canopy off
Total Time on Doors
You can see the area where I had to build up the lip. The seal leave behind a nice ridged edge.
This is the wooden spacer I made to locate the door strut bracket.