Thursday, March 13, 2014

Cabin Top is Installed!

Sooooo behind on posts.

I finally got my overhead to a state that is acceptable to permanently mount to the rest of the fuselage. I think the paint turned out great and I finally got to see what the overhead looked like with the reading lights and the cabin lights installed....I am really happy with the results. The cabin top went in without much complaining or skewing from the plans.

Dates and Times
February
Mon 24 -1.25 hrs- Touched up paint on overhead.
Tues 25 -1.25 hrs- Sanded touch ups and installed one side of LED lights.
Wed 26 -1.0 hr- Installed other side of lights and glued some pieces in place.

March
Sat 1 -1.0 hr- Deburred and dimpled cabin top rivet strips
Sun 2 -6.25 hrs- Installed Cabin Top!


This is a picture of the front of the overhead with the eyeball reading lights installed. The massive cut out in the center is for the support post and will have a closeout panel covering everything. Also the unpainted parts in the middle of the top are the nutplates where the closeout panels go.

Here is a picture showing the cabin lighting. It gives a nice even glow over the entire cabin. Just imagine the headliner and closeout panels in!

Lights out to see how it'll look at night. Nice!



Ayla joining me out in the shop. It's great that she can walk now as she enjoys strolling around the shop.



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your blog and reading about your building. I check it everyday. :) Your daughter is awesome playing with the plane. Keep up the good work. The cabin lighting is AMAZING!

    -Andrew
    Reno, NV

    ReplyDelete
  2. Andrew,
    Thank you for following along. I'm pretty excited about the cabin lighting as well. It turned out just like I imagined it.

    Thanks again
    - Justin

    ReplyDelete