So I decided to leave one of the tailcone side skins off for easier access to the lower skin and stringers while riveting. First I relocated all the clecos to the inside of the tailcone so only the little ends were poking through the outside. Then I used foam to raise the tailcone up the same thickness as my back rivet plate, slid in ten rivets, used riveting tape to hold them, lined up the steel plate, and started riveting. Ten rivets in less then a minute. Realign and repeat. Back riveting is awesome. The rivets come out perfect and even more flush then how they started out, plus it's fast. (1.5)
Additional news! With all the extra time I've put in at work, and the project being complete, I'm taking the rest of the week off. I hope to dedicate all my time to the airplane in hopes of regaining the lost time.
Post a Comment