Saturday, April 11, 2015

Seat Belts and Some Help

I installed inertia reels on all the seat belts. I didn't like the idea of not being able to move around without having to loosen or slide off the shoulder belts. This was a major "must have" for both my wife and I. And now that I'm flying with them they are great and wouldn't change anything. But, the standard seat belt brackets wouldn't work for the inertia reels. I needed a bracket that moved them further from the airframe. Before you get all worked up, don't worry, I did a stress analysis of the new bracket and surrounding structure and the new bracket is just as strong as the original.

Ignore the seat belt cables, these were eventually replaced by custom length stainless steel (non magnetic) cables with swaged ends matching the stock cables.



I FINALLY got some help on the aiplane! Her choice to help and her decision to wear the goggles. : )


No comments:

Post a Comment